Deathomen Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Deathomen

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to pimp your weapon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rondrajan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-07

How to pimp your weapon Empty
PostSubject: How to pimp your weapon   How to pimp your weapon EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 8:26 am

I often see, that people upgrade their weapons not really logically... E.g. heavy soulstones in and no + or no soulstone in and a lot +. Both isn't really sensefull.

If you have a HH weapon ever decide first, if you are going to disassemble it for next weapon or not. If so, its not worth much pimping. Maybe craft a second to pimp. 2-Socket is rare and should be pimped anyway, 1-Socket disassembled, if not pimped.

First of all decide how much money you want to invest on your wepon to pimp it. A good idea is like half weapon price. If you have a weapon worth 2M you can upgrade it for example with 1M. 50% is a good value for poor people like myself^^

How is 1M best invested? You could e.g. put 1 (!!) Gr7 Soulstone in for 960k, but you won't have +. A weapon with +1 and a Gr6 Soulstone is better though and it costs way less money. Mostly just 240k for the SS gr6 and 2 mirage stones each 40-50k (with bad luck 4 of em). So for 1M the best choice is gr6 ss and +2 without draco pearl, that will cost like 16 mirage stones in average I think:

240k gr6 SS
+ 16*40 = 640k for 16 mirage stones
--------------------

How much is the difference in dmg? I'll explain on a lvl61 molder sword as example:

1. with just 1 gr7 SS:
393-589 dmg +49 dmg + 25 for SS = 565 dmg average

2. with gr6 SS and +2:
425-621 dmg +49 dmg + 20 for SS = 592 dmg average

you get +16dmg in this case for each refine lvl

Doesn't sound much, but remember that your skills, str increase the dmg anyway, so 27 dmg will be about 3*27 dmg in real.

Result: Less money invested and more dmg.

My Katana for example. The weapon is worth about 8M in mats, so I invested about 4M for upgrading it:

Katana before:
387 - 718 dmg + 63 dmg = 615,5 dmg

Katana after (gr7 SS and +3):
435 - 766 dmg + 63 dmg + 25 dmg for SS = 688,5 dmg

The difference is 73 dmg, but if I wear it, its way more:

normal: 1749 - 2686
pimped: 1956 - 2892

73 dmg became this way 207 dmg. Almost 3 times as much (as said above).

Now why gr7 SS and +3?

A gr8 SS is like 4.5M even if you get it cheap still 3.3M so it would take most of my money. The +3 is expensive too as it needs a 3-star draco pearl to ensure that refine will succeed. At current cuby prices that is 2.5M :/

The +3 gives about 16 more (?) dmg compared to +2, but the higher soulstones just +7 more. So the decision is easy again: +3 is cheaper and more efficient then getting the higher soulstone.

Following this guide you will be able to pimp your weapons most cose effective. Remember that 50% of the weapon price is just a suggestion and that it is ofcourse up to you how much you are willing to invest.

Hope this helps some people and maybe you can tell your experiences and decisions too to complete this guide.

----- Using this guide on armor equipment -----

You can use this guide ofcourse too for armors, but not for rings, amulettes and necklaces as they don't have sockets. In an armor do this guide with hp soulstones to compare, even if you don't want to use hp soulstones. The price of soulstones is ever the same, but if you use hp soulstones to compare you can easily see the effectiveness of your decision.

E.g. +1 on a lvl60 armor gives +28 hp and a gr5 SS +25hp or gr6 SS +32hp. Remember that the number of mirage stones you need is 50% less here, because you just need 1 mirage stone for +1.

So putting +1 and a gr5 soulstone is more effective then using a gr6 soulstone. Its the same as mentioned above. You will get more hp with gr5 and +1 then with gr6 and will pay less money.

If you are using other then hp stones, use the hp ones to compare the effectiveness. E.g. if a phy gr5 or gr6 SS is worth putting in the armor or if you better use gr5 phy and +1, even if the +1 doesn't give phy deff, but hp. In case you really want the phy deff, you may take the lesser soulstone and put +1 on a phy ring or so, but this couples the two items, so this rule just counts as you wear both of em, so not a good idea Wink
Back to top Go down
Rondrajan

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-07

How to pimp your weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to pimp your weapon   How to pimp your weapon EmptyWed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am

Please view the Post "Effects of Refining" too, in order to know what the effects of refine will be Smile
Back to top Go down

How to pimp your weapon
Page 1 of 1